Sunday, July 18, 2010

Experiencing breakage

The majority of my Primes (and Primals) and Megatrons (and Galvatrons) are now on permanent display. I have a couple of the more recent movie versions still packed away in various tubs, but most of them are accounted for now:





For the most part, the install went well. Until one Prime and one Megatron decided to show their age. For some reason, my Armada Prime and Transmetal II Megatron became far more brittle than I had expected. Prime's right arm cracked at the elbow and had to be superglued back together. Poor Megs had the joint for his shoulder armor crack during transformation, then his head snapped off his neck when I tried to turn it slightly. Both are glued back together again, but I don't dare move any of the dark grey joints on Megs at this point. He's in robot mode forever now, for his own good. I'm wondering how many more of my figures will show the same distressing breakages. It wasn't even that I put the joints under undue stress. Each break was during part of the regular transformation sequence.

Well, my next figure group is a pile of Starscreams. After him, I'm ready for the rank and file troops. I have other groups, like Bumblebee, Grimlock, and Skywarp, but not enough to make a special effort to gather them all together right away. I'll just add them into groups as I find them. But I have enough Starscreams in one tub to justify going through them all at once.

I probably won't be posting much for the next week or so. I'm heading to SDCC (San Diego Comic Con for those unaware of the acronym) on Wednesday and won't be back to my collection space until the following Monday. I have a very strong feeling I'll have at least four more figures for my collection by then... assuming I can get in line for the Hasbro booth at some point during the con this year.



So, that's it for now. I just found my pile(s) of instruction booklets, so now I need to figure out how to organize several hundred of those too...

No comments:

Post a Comment