Monday, August 30, 2010

The end is just the beginning

So I ended up back with Photoshop to stitch together my photos. One side went fine, the other is a bit distorted on one end, but isn't terrible. It's been 57 days since I started the project. That's almost two full months from installing the first shelf supports to putting the final Prime in place. The current figure count (I don't call it "final", since that would be inaccurate... I'm still collecting, after all) comes to a grand total of:

945 Transformers


I didn't include the non-transforming Titanium figures or the half-dozen or so Robot Heroes figures I also have, but that's as close as I can come to an accurate count. So there you have it! The one number that stands out from my count is the number of Mini-Cons I have now. I've been collecting groups of them for quite a while, but I didn't really realize how many I really had until the spreadsheet gave me the total: 107 Mini-Cons... that's one ninth of my entire collection!


So that's it for the vast bulk of my installation project. All that's left is finding room for new figures as they're released. I have a feeling I'm going to need some extra shelf space in the near future, or have to sell off some of the less interesting figures. For now, I'm just going to breathe a sigh of relief that everything is back on display after several years!

3 comments:

  1. Colour me very impressed! That must have taken a very long time to set up. I have not seen this many TFs in one collection photo ever.

    I hope those Transformers don't get too dusty. :)

    I take it the space left on the top right is for Marvel TFs :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome. I recently found some of my old transformer toys in a box but can't remember what they are from and want to try and acquire the rest of the set for nostalgia purposes. Is there any chance you would be able to recognize what type they are if I sent u a pic?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can actually use a website to track down the names pretty easily: http://www.transformerland.com/identify-transformers.html lets you pick from a few drop-down menus of basic information to get the names and photos of the toys. It's pretty slick. I've used it a number of times to identify accessories for my figures.

    ReplyDelete